CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Our First Night in Mammoth

Remember when we stayed in the cabin
While Mom and Dad went skiing.
I was eight and you were twelve.

Earlier that day you yelled at me
'Cause I peeked over the edge.
I wanted to see how far down the slope was.
Mom told you to leave me alone,
But you were just protecting me.
I knew you were mad 'cause you scrunched your eyes.
I wasn’t a baby, you know. I knew how to ski.

It got really cold and dark
All the way on top of Mammoth.
We could see the beginning of the clouds.
I kept saying it was cold.
I wanted to go and see the cabin.
And you agreed 'cause we went.

The cabin was brown and made of logs.
There were wooden steps out front.
There was a lantern light by the door.
Inside there were bunks and a kitchen.
It was pretty and really warm.
There was a room in the back with a TV.
We found movies and games in the coffee table.

So we played Trouble and watched Sister Act.
I think you were blue and I was yellow.
You were always blue and I never cared.
I probably lost 'cause I always lose
And I probably got upset, too.

You didn’t pick on me, though.
I started to worry about Mom and Dad in the snow.
But you told me Mom wouldn’t get hurt.
I wasn’t worried anyone would get us.
'Cause you were twelve and a strong, big brother.
I think we fell asleep on the floor by the couches
In the TV room watching the end of the movie.

0 comments: